Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. Let's learn together!

I am still learning.
Michelangelo

Saturday 9 June 2012

How I Became a Student

I have been working quite hard for the last couple of years to get in to the local University of Applied Sciences to get vocational teacher's qualification in Finland. Five years ago I would have said "No thank you" to the idea of becoming a teacher (two teachers in a family is enough)! But then I started to work as a coordinator at the local vocational college, and found out that the kids and workmates are actually nice. Our director of the unit asked me to get the qualification, and here I am - studying.

This year I was able to apply for the first time. Earlier it was mandatory to have Master's degree, but the law changed and my Bachelor's degree is now enough. And to my big suprise I got selected! Our group is international and everything is taught in English. That suits me just fine since I want to teach in English in the future.

I got the great news when my son was only 7 weeks old. I had mixed feelings; I was happy and worried at the same time. How Am I going to find time to do my studies? I am already doing my MBA! But this is what I want! So let the show begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment