Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. Let's learn together!

I am still learning.
Michelangelo

Friday 24 May 2013

A Dream Coming True?

A month back I made myself a treasure map in order to visualize my future dreams. In the centre of my map I had a picture of an African girl without education. I have always wanted to do voluntary work but had not quite known how. I do not think I would ever do it through the church -I have an etchical conflict wih the idea of exporting religion. Anyhow, I have now figured out what I want to do: I want to educate children that may not have an access to education otherwise.

In order to achieve my goal, I was planning to take this course. I have applied to it already once, and even got an invitation to an interview. Unfortunatelly - or fortunatelly - I was not selected then, but I am now more confident about my competences in studying in the programme. Now it is time to focus on other things in life though, but I will most likely apply on this course still one day! It would also give me the possibility to do research in the future.

So earlier I thought that I need to complete the Master's Degree Programme before doing voluntary work. But yesterday I found out that one of my studying friends has founded a vocational school in Uganda, and they are more than happy to receive voluntary teachers. I think I will take my family over there one summer, and see how I can help my friend and the local children.

No comments:

Post a Comment