Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. Let's learn together!

I am still learning.
Michelangelo

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Funny Things That Have Happened to You While Teaching

Have you ever done something funny in front of your class? Something that has made everyone laugh, or something you can giggle at now that the time has healed the wounds? Share your harmless stories here to brighten up everyone's day. I will start..

I was demonstrating how NOT to answer the phone at work (especially if one works at customer service). I was standing in front of a classroom full of teens. I picked up the phone from the table.. I was just going to say something like "hello" on the phone when I somehow managed to drop it on the floor. My new phone was in pieces on the floor (luckily did not get broken) and the whole classroom was laughing (including me!). Not the best way to answer the phone I guess. =) 

3 comments:

  1. Once we made an activity that it supposed that teacher step out from the class for a minute(they had to pickup a number in order to make pairs.
    well...I could step out but not coming back in since the keys were inside and the door locked.. So I knocked and they said (while laughing)"who is it? we don´t buy anything from Italians!"...it was really hilarious moment. (they open the door anyway and they were clapping hands.... :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was teaching in a school in India, I was class teacher for 4th grade and to keep them quite in between periods, I assigned a leader for every row (otherwise there would be one or two for the whole class of 40 students). Kids took absolute responsability and managed to keep the class calm but when another teacher asked 'who is the class monitor' she saw 8 of the kids running towards her. So after all , all the kids considered themselves as class monitors and I had to explain the difference between class and a row basically , funny at that time :)

    ReplyDelete